Saturday, August 1, 2009

We Like to Party!

Part of the role of being domesticated involves party planning, and I've got TWO parties to plan for the month of September.

1. 'Lil Bit's FIRST birthday party! As you can imagine, I'm SUPER excited about this! This party is more of a celebration for Mom and Dad for getting through the first twelve months of parenthood than it is a birthday party since she is too young to remember. Still, I plan on having all of the staples - good food, a pretty cake, a little cake for her to eat, and fun presents! Since she's just turning one, it will be limited to family. I haven't yet pinpointed a theme as of yet.

2. Aunty C's baby shower! My younger sister is having a baby in November! I'll probably hold her shower either the last weekend in September or the first weekend in October - about six weeks before she is due. It might sound a little early, but considering the fact that I had 'Lil Bit three weeks early, I want to make sure Aunty C has plenty of time to make sure she is ready for the biggest change of her life.

Aunty C is having a baby girl, which started out as a teeny bit of a shock to her. She is tomboy and was a bit worried about how she was going to identify with a girl. However, when Aunty C was young, she used to LOVE having tea parties. Our mom, whom my niece is going to be named after (at least that's the plan for now), bought her a miniature tea set every year for Christmas. Therefore, in order to remind her that having a girl can be fun, too, I'm doing a tea party theme for her baby shower. I've been searching ebay for good deals on tea sets so we can have three or four different small sets with different types of teas in them. I'll also serve a variety of tea sandwiches, pastries, and a cake. I'm SO excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment