Monday, August 17, 2009

My Afternoon at the Spa

I spent Friday afternoon at Aveda's Par Exsalonce, enjoying the benefits of their "Rejuvenation" package, which includes a facial, 30 minute massage, and an express pedicure. Wow, did I feel rejuvenated!

After filling out a few short forms, I was taken back by Rachel, who performed my facial and massage. We walked into a small, dimly lit room with a massage table. There was a wicker chair with a bin filled with warm, bubbly water for soaking your feet. Soft music played in the background while sweet aromas filled the air. I was asked to change into a wrap and a robe.

The first service I received was the facial. Rachel worked with me to find the best treatment for my particular skin and then went to work. It was the first facial I'd ever gotten. I'll be going back for another one! It was great! My skin felt so soft.

Next, was the massage. This was also the first professional massage I'd ever gotten. At first, it almost hurt as she worked out the kinks in my shoulders and back. Apparently, I was quite tense and my muscles were all tensed up. After that, though, it was wonderful. I walked out of there feeling very relaxed...

...which is good because I had to wait 20 minutes before the lady came to do my pedicure. I'd had a pedicure before, but not one of this nature. She rubbed a salt mixture on my feet and legs to exfoliate and soften the skin. Well, it did that, but it also caused me to break out in a rash. Note to self and all those thinking of getting a pedicure: if they do the whole salt treatment thing, do not shave the night before. OUCH!

Overall, I really enjoyed going to the spa, even if I did itch for a few hours afterward. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment