Monday, August 3, 2009

Even I Know When to Take a Break

Today is my 26th birthday! To commemorate my birthday, I am doing absolutely NOTHING! (Well, I'm working...sorta...) No cleaning, no cooking, no painting. Nothing but enjoying my daughter and watching some mindless television.

The Hunk is vising a hospital in Georgia and will be back tomorrow. He sent me a fabulously mushy e-card this morning. I think my sisters are going to come over and hang out tonight so that I don't spend my birthday alone. It really makes no difference to me.

Yesterday, Daddy-o took me out to lunch. 'Lil Bit did fabulously! She was very well-behaved the entire time and cracking everyone up with her little quirks. She's hilarious! We went to Olive Garden, where I gorged on Chicken Scampi. Ever have it? You should. It's super good.

After that, we headed up to Nebraska Furniture Mart. Daddy-o gave me a gift card to use for my birthday. I purchased a huge clock, a couple of vases, and two Baby Einstein DVDs for 'Lil Bit. Then, we went back to my house and ate some sub-par cake. It wasn't so good. I will probably make my own this evening so it will be ready tomorrow to share with The Hunk. I'm going to try a new recipe for a lemon cake with raspberry filling. Yum! And since my sister took culinary arts and learned how to make roses, I'm going to have her show me what the heck I'm doing wrong.

Although I'm taking a break for the day/night, we do have a really busy week. We're getting carpet installed in the new house on Wednesday! WOO HOO! That means we'll be moving this weekend. Oh joy. Still, it will be nice to actually LIVE IN the house that we bought over 6 weeks ago.....

Welp, almost lunch time. Off to enjoy a delicious cheesy burrito with my awesome co-workers.

Until next time,
MFW

No comments:

Post a Comment