Tuesday, August 4, 2009

All Set for School!

I gotta give props to half.com. I just bought all of my textbooks for the two courses I'm taking. I saved about $25 compared to the campus bookstore, and I bought new bookes - not used. That also includes shipping, so I don't have to trek on down to the bookstore only to stand in line for about 30 minutes. It will save me a lot of frustration.

Last night, I went to the AT&T store to check out the iPhones. Not one single salesperson helped me. That's why I hate shopping at the AT&T store. They're always SO.DANG.BUSY and have very little help. I walked around for 20 minutes and not ONE single person even said "Hello, we'll be right with you." My presence was not even acknowledged. I can't even say it is terrible customer service because it would have to at least exist in order for it to be terrible. But no. It's a complete lack of customer service.

So... I will make my way to the Apple store today. Oh joy. It's getting harder and harder to hate Apple.

Oh, also, Office Max and Stapes are doing penny deals on school supplies right now. I bought 5 packs of filler notebook paper for a nickel. Awesome. They also have dollar deals. A pack of my favorite gel pens was a buck. You just can't beat getting all of your supplies for $5. It was a super sweet deal fo' sho'. Staples also gives you a $10 off coupon on your next purchase if you spend $50, but I didn't even come close to that!

This weekend is Missouri's tax free holiday. For those of you not in Missouri, check to see if your state participates and when by going to http://singleparents.about.com/od/cuttingcosts/qt/TaxFreeHoliday.htm I'm probably going to go pick up some things for 'Lil Bit for this fall and maybe some clothes for next year since the summer clothes will all be on clearance. Gosh, I LOVE shopping, and I LOVE the tax free holiday! Mama needs a new pair of shoes!

Until next time,
-MFW

No comments:

Post a Comment