Friday, October 9, 2009

We Are Experiencing Technological Difficulties

As much as it pains me to write this entry, I promised The Hunk that I would. I've been putting it off for the past week.

My job requires me to participate in an on-call rotation. No, I'm not a doctor, but you would think so with the amount of "emergencies" we have to wake up for. This on-call duty (haha, I duty) was the entire reason I got my iPhone. (At least, that's what I tell everyone.)

When the update was finally released to allow picture messaging, I gleefully hooked up my iPhone and updated away without so much as a thought. Little did I know, the lovely iPhone Dev Team hadn't yet released the jailbreak for the new version of code I was putting on my phone. OH NOS!

When I finished the upgrade, my phone was no longer jailbroken and no longer able to be customized to be loud enough to wake my tired ass up in the middle of the night. Remember my WHOLE reason for getting the phone? Yep, there it went, and I was afraid my job would go right along with it if I didn't come up with a plan to hear any pages.

This is when The Hunk rode in on his white horse and rescued his princess. He so graciously offered to let me set up his phone to receive pages. However, as with anything, there came a price. He gave me so much shit for my iPhone not doing its job and having to rely on his technologically-prehistoric Motorola Q.

As an aside, this also reminds me of another time when he "won" and showed poor sportsmanship. The Hunk: if you're reading this, do you remember last Thanksgiving?

We played Cranium with my sisters and Uncle CAG after Thanksgiving dinner last year...girls against boys, and the guys won. The Hunk not-so-nobely got out the freakin' VIDEO CAMERA to TAPE my reaction to losing. LOL I love this man.

Thankfully, The Hunk came through for me and put up with the hundred or so pages throughout the week. I'm still waiting for the updated hack.....

2 comments:

  1. See there? Should've gotten a Pre... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the Pre would have been WAAAAY worse for me to get. It's not nearly loud enough out of the box, and if you do hack it, EVERYTHING is loud. It's just not customizable the way the iPhone is (or was before I updated). :)

    The Hunk probably LOVES your comment, though. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete