Friday, May 21, 2010

The Crane and an Almost-Sprain

I finally got off my butt and started P90X all over again this week. It's such a buzz kill to know that I undid all of the progress I made by letting life get in the way of continuing my workouts in the first attempt. I'm trying to convince myself that the important thing is that I'm back on the horse, taking it one day at a time.

The first time I attempted P90X, I made it through the first month. I felt great, and I could already see some results. It was a half-hearted attempt, too. I only did the Yoga X one time. The rest of the time, I avoided it.

Prior to doing P90X, I'd never done yoga. I consider myself to have flexibility and balance, but yoga, particularly Yoga X, honestly makes me feel like a clumbsy fat kid. I powered through it the best that I could, tumbling quite often. It is uncomfortable, long, and just downright painful. But I did it because I was so sore from the first three days and was hoping for some relief from stretching....which I did get. I feel much better today.

Anyway, towards the end of the workout, there is a pose called the Crane. Tony Horton even says, "DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE NOT READY OR YOU WILL FALL ON YOUR HEAD." Eh, what do you know, Mr. Horton?

Here's a picture of what the Crane looks like:



See? Piece of cake, right?

WRONG.

Guess what, kids? I fell on my head! No, seriously, I did. And then I fell over in an awkward motion on my arm. It really hurt! Luckily, it feels fine today. I was worried I was going to end up with a stupid sprain...all because of the stupid Crane.

Do you think this will keep me from trying it again? Heck no. I'll be back at it next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment